What is chemistry?
The study of the composition, structures, properties and change of matter.
1. Matter is made up of tiny particles (Atoms & molecules)
2. Particles of matter are constant in motion
3. Particles of matter are held together by very strong electrostatic forces
4. There are empty spaces between particles that large compared to the particles themselves.
5. Each substance has unique particles that are different from the particles of other substances.
6. Temperature affects the speed of particles. The higher the temperature, the faster the speed of the particles.
Unit Conversion and Significant Figures
States of Matter
What is Plasma?
What is a flame?
Particle Theory of Matter
"Today, it takes roughly one million atoms to store a single bit of data on a computer or electronic device," IBM officials wrote on the company's website. "A bit is the basic unit of information in computing that can have only one of two values, one or zero. Eight bits form a byte. Recently, IBM Research announced it can now store that same bit of information in just 12 atoms."